Sunday, December 29, 2013

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico... iPhone Style

Back in November I had the opportunity to travel down to Mexico for an assignment for the Standard-Times. I'll go into more detail about the assignment in a later blog post. The assignment had me spending most of my time in the town of San Miguel de Allende, a city in central Mexico designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. And the city was given a 2013 Readers' Choice Award for best city to visit in the world by Condé Nast Traveler. This place is beautiful!

A photographer's bag of tools is loaded with expensive cameras and lenses, but for me one of the most useful and least obtrusive is my iPhone. My phone allows me to do some street photography that I might not otherwise be able to do with other cameras. It's quiet, low profile and nobody thinks twice when they see someone staring at the back of their phone on the street. I mean, lets be honest, we all have a phone and it's the tool that everyone uses to document their own lives.

Here are a few of my street photography favorites from my week in San Miguel de Allende.

2 comments:

  1. San Miguel is a photographer's dream. I go out sometime with my camera and in less then an hour have taken scads of photos of things I never expected to see. Once it was a camel going up the street that the jardin is on. Others, equally as surprising. You would think that after 13 years that nothing would surprise or delight me, but, every day is another surreal experience.

    ReplyDelete